Sunday, January 30, 2011

Carolla's book is a real piece of work.


Adam Carolla's book, In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks, is priceless. Okay, so Amazon's got it for 15 bucks for hardcover or 9 bucks for kindle, but you know what I mean. I didn't pay too much attention to Carolla on The Man Show, but I became a fan when I saw his 2005 reality show, The Adam Carolla Project. It was great stuff, and a delightful comedic counterpart to all those formulaic "flip this house" shows.

I think this book, which my son gave me as a Christmas gift this year, is some of the funniest shit ever printed, and a must-read for any middle-aged guy who grew up before political correctness and the Internet totally fucked up our society. After seeing Carolla plugging the book in an interview on MSNBC one morning, I immediately began dropping the "hey this would make a great gift for someone" hints.

Want to know what's wrong with our society? Carolla will tell you all about it.

The jacket quotes alone are pretty funny. Here's one attributed to Alec Baldwin - "Reading Adam Carolla is akin to having a horrible illness. Alone with your thoughts, you struggle with whether you want to even go on living. When you're done, you're a stronger, better person."

No comments: