This piece was featured in the Biz(941) Daily a few days ago, and I though it was blog-worthy:
Nancy’s Keys to Building a Brand
1. “Read these two books: Trading Up by Michael J. Silverstein and Neil Fiske, and Michael Levine’s A Branded World. They are my business Torah and Talmud, each dog-eared and marked up. Go to Bookstore1 Sarasota, or some other local bookstore, and buy these books.”
2. “Be consistent. Once you've positioned your product, represent it and deliver the experience the same way every time, all the time.”
3. “Be gracious. If you're the personification of your brand, be tolerant of those who want to ‘talk shop’ in any venue or access your cell phone 24/7. Embrace their engagement; it's their valentine to your brand.”
4. “Be persistent. Overnight sensations are exceedingly rare. If what you're doing is working, keep doing it, however difficult. Any successful salesperson will remind you: ‘If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.’”
5. Never settle for mediocrity. Word of mouth is not built on ‘Go here, it's ordinary.’”
FYI - I have not read either of the two books Nancy recommends - So if anyone has read Trading Up or A Branded World, please let me hear from you.